because you're a little too old for school clothes...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SWV & Missy Elliott x Green Grey [ANOTHER Free Samples Drop]

Remember this? (circa '97)


SWV (feat. Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott) - "Can We", produced by Timbaland

Yop-yop. Now this is from 2002:


Green Grey - "MF" [What does that stand for? Cue to 1:20.]

Once you get past the initial reaction of "uhh...?", it's really not bad.

Russian house/trip-hop group Green Grey [or Грін Грей...yeah, how does that make you feel] is supposed to be a pretty big deal in Ukraine. Tried looking them up, but the only Russian words I know are Smirnoff and Stolichnaya.

Beloved Bone-Us? Sho'nuff.

Musiq Soulchild (feat. Mary J. Blige) - "If U Leave"

Somehow I missed this one. Not exactly new [a few weeks in the blogosphere, I think], but it still deserves to be cited. It's definitely a step away from the soulless blasphemy that is "Radio", making it already awesome in my book. I'm indifferent about Mary J, but she didn't do bad on this one. My only thing is that a lot of Musiq's ballads sort of sound the same, and this one sort of reminds me of "halfcrazy", mostly because of the 3/4 time signature. Still...3 on the Shrug Scale. Click the pic.

That's all, bipeds.

Socialite Sign-off...

No comments: